Sunday, February 7, 2010

Gmail - [Fwd: Fwd: [tasilisili] talanoa ma'a e fanau] - kfinau@gmail.com

[Fwd A M I L Y
>
> I ran into a stranger as he passed by, 'Oh excuse me please' was my reply.
>
> He said, 'Please excuse me too; I wasn't watching for you.'
>>
> We were very polite, this stranger and I. We went on our way and we said goodbye.
>>
> But at home a different story is told, How we treat our loved ones, young and old.
>
> Later that day, cooking the evening meal, My son stood beside me very still.
>
> When I turned, I nearly knocked him down. 'Move out of the way,' I said with a frown.
>
> He walked away, his little heart broken. I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.
>
> While I lay awake in bed, God's still small voice came to me and said,
>
> 'While dealing with a stranger, common courtesy you use, but the family you love, you seem to abuse.
>
> Go and look on the kitchen floor, You'll find some flowers there by the door.
>
> Those are the flowers he brought for you. He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.
>
> He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise, you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes.'
>
> By this time, I felt very small, And now my tears began to fall.
>
> I quietly went and knelt by his bed; 'Wake up, little one, wake up,' I said.
>
> 'Are these the flowers you picked for me?' He smiled, 'I found 'em, out by the tree.<br>><br>> I picked 'em because they're pretty like you. I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue.'
>
> I said, 'Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today; I shouldn't have yelled at you that way.'

He said, 'Oh, Mom, that's okay. I love you anyway.'
>
> I said, 'Son, I love you too, and I do like the flowers, especially the blue.'
>
> FAMILY
> Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment